Benchcember is over, and I’m fairly satisfied…
I managed 30 reps each day, starting at 55 lbs and ending up at 85 lbs after increasing the weight by 10 lbs every 10 days.
So, it was an improvement, but looking back, I’d have increased the weight sooner. I usually would start at 3 sets of 10, and then switch to 2 sets of 15 when I got more comfortable. However, I think I should have progressed shortly after being able to do the 2×15.
That said, I’m not sure I could have done too much more than the 85 without a stand. Only using the free bench, it was becoming almost as much effort to get into my starting position as it was to do the actual lifting.
Overall, a good challenge to myself, and I will try to keep it in my regular routine going forward.